As part of a pilot scheme, 40 Global School Alliance schools have been paired with international schools to connect 15 countries worldwide.
Throughout the summer over 100 schools submitted an application to be one of the 40 schools to take part in the Global School Alliance’s very first joint project initiative.
The Global Culture project, set to start in September, is part of the pilot scheme that gives 40 schools access to the GSA VIP Support Package for free.
This package includes:
- Finding a partner school in a preferred region.
- Setting up the private group on the platform.
- Providing templates and resources for the project.
- Support with running the project and communications.
- Support with initial and ongoing teacher meetings and ‘live’ review sessions.
- Certification of participation and celebrating the results.
Introducing the Partnered Schools
- St John Fisher Catholic High School (UK) and Sanabil Iqra School (Morroco)
- St George’s Preparatory School (UK) and Moulay Ali Chrif Primary (Morroco)
- IQRA Academy (UK) and Inland Comp Ibeagwa Nike Inugu (Nigeria)
- Birklands Primary (UK) and Upendo Learning Centre (Uganda)
- St. Bede’s Catholic High School (UK) and Charlie Smith High (Jamaica)
- North Haringay Primary (UK) and Yenimahalle Kampüs Koleji (Turkey)
- Collège Pilote Sousse (Tunisia) and Liceul Tehnologic Edmond Nicolau Braila (Romania)
- Pine Ridge Elementary (USA) and American Community Sch of Athens (Greece)
- Lampton High School (UK) and Colegio Nacional San Juan De Chota (Peru)
- Carlton Juniors (UK) and Oš Retkovec (Croatia)
- Lanesend Primary (UK) and Defne Büyükçat Primary School (Turkey)
- Wyvern Academy (UK) and Kalagala RC Primary School (Uganda)
- Bishop’s Stortford College (UK) and LLedo International School (Peru)
- Delhi Public School (India) and Colegio de San Juan de Letran Calamba (Phillipines)
- St Mary’s C Of E Primary Academy (UK) and Dakhin Kolkond Masterpara Government Primary School (Bangladesh)
- Brandlehow School (UK) and Elgabarty Official School (Egypt)
- Verulam School (UK) and Makuwa Community Day Secondary (Malawi)
- Bamford Academy (UK) and Louise Bennet Coverley All Age School (Jamaica)
- SP No 367 in Warsaw (Poland) and Bina Bangsa School – Kebon Jeruk Primary (Indonesia)
- Bafra High School of Science (Turkey) and The Ion Barbu Theoretical High School (Romania)
Excited to announce that as part of the GSA @verulamschool has been accepted onto their pilot and has been partnered with Makuwa Community Day School in Malawi! 🎉a great opportunity for students to understand experiences outside of their own❤️@TrueEducation_P #InclusiveForLife— J Richardson (@jrichardson_j) August 23, 2021
Julie Richardson, newly appointed Headteacher at Verulam School, said this is a ‘great opportunity for students to understand experiences outside of their own.’
During the project, students will learn about daily life in their partnered school, complete tasks and share results, and join ‘live’ sessions – all facilitated on the GSA Platform.
Despite restricted numbers for this particular project, Global School Alliance members will shortly be able to submit a Virtual Partnerships request to pioneer their own projects.